Spring 2023 Distribution Date Announced
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
The Sealaska Board of Directors will meet on Friday, April 14 to approve the amount for Sealaska’s 2023 spring distribution. The distribution will take place on Friday, April 21. Shareholders are encouraged to complete and/or update any enrollment or stock transfer paperwork by the official record date of 4 p.m. Alaska time on Monday, April 17.
“Sealaska is committed to providing stable dividend payments to shareholders, regardless of what is happening in the wider economic climate,” said Sealaska President and CEO Anthony Mallott. “Our diverse income structure allows us to continue providing dividends even in years when one income source is impacted. Sealaska’s strategy remains focused on long-term financial stability, thinking not only of today’s shareholders but the next generation as well.”
Sealaska distributions are made up of income from three sources:
- Business Operations
- The Marjorie V. Young Shareholder Permanent Fund
- ANCSA Section 7(i) Resource Revenue Sharing
Only shareholders who hold Class B (urban) and Class C (at-large) shares receive 7(i) Resource Revenue Sharing funds directly from Sealaska. Sealaska sends the 7(j) funds for shareholders of Class A (village) shares directly to village corporations. It is up to those corporations how or if those funds are then distributed. Class D (descendants), E (Elders), and L (left outs) are not eligible for 7(i) payments as the shares they hold are not original shares.
To qualify for a Sealaska distribution, you must have completed the enrollment process by the official record date of 4 p.m. Alaska time on Monday, April 17. Complete descendant enrollment on MySealaska by registering with your email address and completing the application. All share transfers, giftings and other records must also be updated by that date.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SHAREHOLDERS
DISTRIBUTION AMOUNT DETERMINED — Friday, April 14
- The Board of Directors meets to determine the distribution amount.
- After the distribution amount is determined, estimated distribution information will be available to shareholders when logged in to MySealaska.com. Estimated payments on MySealaska on Friday are subject to change if any share transfers are completed before the record date.
RECORD DATE — Monday, April 17
- Last day to complete enrollment and/or stock transfers prior to the spring distribution. All stock activity must be completed by 4 p.m. Alaska time.
- Update banking or mailing information on MySealaska.com by 11:59 p.m. Alaska time.
- If all shareholder information is up to date, no action is needed.
DISTRIBUTION DATE – Friday, April 21
- Direct deposits are electronically transferred, and checks are mailed.
- Please note that while checks are mailed on April 21, they may take up to two weeks to arrive. The fastest and easiest way to receive your distribution payment is to sign up for direct deposit.
Make Changes via MySealaska.com
If you need to update your address or banking information, please log in to your MySealaska.com account. You can also gift your transferrable shares by filling out a gifting packet, which can be found here.
The most effective way to contact Shareholder Relations is through the MySealaska “Message” feature, found under “About Me” and “MySealaska Messages” when logged in to MySealaska.com. The Shareholder Relations team will do their best to respond in a timely manner during normal business hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Alaska time, Monday – Friday. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.848.5921.